The Salem News : Acid spill forces an evacuation in Danvers

DANVERS — A chemical spill at a hazardous materials warehouse on Water Street forced the evacuation of 20 to 30 people yesterday but caused no injuries, fire officials said.

Fire Chief Kevin Farrell said an accident involving a forklift caused 10 bottles of nitric acid to break and spill onto the floor of Doe & Ingalls, a company that supplies chemicals to the life sciences industry.

Farrell said the spill amounted to “less than 10 gallons” and was contained within the building.

“They did what they were supposed to do,” Farrell said. “They reported it, and we responded.”

 The Salem News : Acid spill forces an evacuation in Danvers 

Posted by Stoker via Blogaway