Uncooked curry leaves in a chutney left more than 400 people who ate at a street food festival with diarrhoea and vomiting or salmonella poisoning, health officials have found.
The leaves were contaminated with several different bacteria, experts found, which led to 29 confirmed cases of salmonella at the Street Spice Festival in Newcastle in February and March.
Takeaway boss food trade ban – Crime – Blackpool Gazette: A TAKEAWAY owner has been banned from running restaurants, admitting seven food hygiene offences.
Preston Crown Court heard how Muhaimnul and Rushna Choudhury ran the Bengal Spice takeaway – now Dial-a-Curry – on Central Drive, where Blackpool Council’s food hygiene officers found what Judge Tony Cross QC described as an “appalling history of conforming to the regulations”.When officers raided the premises they found dirty tea towels and spice containers, as well as greasy boxes used to store poppadoms.
Visit safety photos