An airplane of the German company Condor has unexpectedly landed at the airport in Dubrovnik, Croatia on Monday afternoon after smoke was detected in the cabin.The airplane was on the flight from Hurghada, Egypt to Frankfurt, Germany
TV camera crews are to be stationed on the Formula One pit wall in future after a cameraman was injured by a bouncing wheel in Sunday’s German Grand Prix.
The edict comes from the F1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone after the cameraman Paul Allen was treated in Koblenz hospital after sustaining a broken collarbone and two broken ribs.
A fisherman died from a massive electric shock when his home-made kit to lure worms to the surface of his lawn sent thousands of volts through his body.
Angler Frank Neumann, 77, from Bad Blankenburg, Germany, was found dead in his garden by neighbours.
Police believe he’d inserted copper wires into the ground and connected them to the mains to force worm to the surface with an electric current.
A German dentist who was so desperate for cash that he cut off his own finger for the insurance money has been found guilty of fraud and sentenced to a year in prison to be served on parole. The man said he was the victim of an attack.
A German reptile enthusiast died after being bitten by a viper during an event in southern France aimed at helping audiences overcome their fear of snakes.
The man died from a heart attack due to a rare allergy,
A builder was ticked off by his bosses after falling through a hole at a building site and plummeting 26ft into a cellar.
Stephen Muller, 59, had been working on the 1st floor of the site in Munich, Germany, when he lost his footing and fell through the hole in the floorboards.
He was taken to hospital suffering from severe back injuries and woke to a stern letter from bosses telling him to be more careful and telling him his accident had cost them time and money.
The German discount supermarket chain Lidl was under fire on Thursday for reportedly scattering rat poison on its produce shelves – without warning customers or reporting a rodent problem to the authorities.
“Rat poison should not be put anywhere near food,” said Armin Valet from the Central Consumer Association. “That is in our opinion a breach because it presents a threat to health.”
A 61-year-old man died after he was zapped by tens of thousands of volts when the electric pump he was using to clear out his flooded cellar short circuited in Aken, Germany.
High levels of poison found in Rhineland water – The Local: One of the affected areas in NRW is the Ruhr Valley, where much of the state’s drinking water comes from, the Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung said. The paper gained access to figures from the state office for environment, which has been carrying out tests since 1992.
Of the 37,000 water samples taken from hundreds of lakes, ponds and rivers over the past two decades across the state, thousands contained a so-called biocide – in the worst case, one results showed 50 times more than the official limit.