Two Treated After Cordele Chemical Spill Spreads Odor | 13wmaz.com: An accidental chemical spill at a Cordele plant caused a strong odor that’s spread around several counties Wednesday morning.
Cordele police say it happened around 1 a.m. at the Drexel Chemical Company at 120 Cape Road.
They say about 40 thirty-gallon drums of dimethoate were spilled after the chemical overheated.
Police said that the chemical is not hazardous, but that the smell may affect people with respiratory problems.
Visit safety photo
Chemical spill aboard container ship in Hong Kong waters | South China Morning Post: More than 100 emergency worker responded to a chemical spill on board a container ship on Monday morning.
The accident happened at about 6.40am, as the 92,000-tonne Maersk vessel was entering Hong Kong waters coming from Shanghai.
It was directed to an anchoring area south of Lamma Island, reserved for dangerous cargos, at about 7.30am.
Visit safety photos
DANVERS — A chemical spill at a hazardous materials warehouse on Water Street forced the evacuation of 20 to 30 people yesterday but caused no injuries, fire officials said.
Fire Chief Kevin Farrell said an accident involving a forklift caused 10 bottles of nitric acid to break and spill onto the floor of Doe & Ingalls, a company that supplies chemicals to the life sciences industry.
Farrell said the spill amounted to “less than 10 gallons” and was contained within the building.
“They did what they were supposed to do,” Farrell said. “They reported it, and we responded.”
The Salem News : Acid spill forces an evacuation in Danvers
Posted by Stoker via Blogaway