Tag Archives: boss

Worker in Poland almost killed by capitalist, just because he wanted his money | libcom.org

Damian, a man who worked for a building company in Grójec did not get paid for his work. So he telephoned his boss telling that unless he paid him his money he would let the Work Inspectors know about the illegal work conditions in his workplace. After this his boss and friend of his kidnapped the worker and took him to the forest.

via Worker in Poland almost killed by capitalist | libcom.org.

Estate boss admits blast killed worker | Bangkok Post: news

The Map Ta Phut industrial estate chief has confirmed reports of a blast at a steel factory that killed one worker and injured another on July 20.

Director Pratheep Aeng-Chuan initially rebuffed reports of the blast at Siam Tinplate Co in Rayong’s Muang district after villagers reported hearing an explosion there.

After the incident there was widespread talk among villagers that the explosion killed a worker, identified as Pranai In-phanao, 48.

Pranai was reportedly a Siam Tinplate Co employee who quit his job to start his own company offering maintenance services for the factory.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/361947/estate-boss-admits-blast-killed-worker

When a smartphone explodes and a leg gets in the way

Here is a distressing story from Le Matin about Fanny Schlatter, an 18-year-old woman from Switzerland, whose Galaxy S III handset exploded while she was carrying it in her pocket.

She was at work and had to be rescued by her boss, who tore off her pants to remove the burning phone from her body.

When all was said and done, the poor girl has a burnt phone and a scorched leg that received third degree burns from the incident.

http://www.intomobile.com/2013/07/10/smartphones-explode/

Tot Baked to Death in Car Outside Nursery – Mexico – Croatian Times #sickworld

A nursery boss who left a three-year-old girl to die in a baking car in searing heat is being quizzed by police in Mexico.

Kindergarten owner Juan Acosta had collected tot Samanta Tores from her parents’ home in Chicoloapan but left her in his parked car outside the nursery.

via Tot Baked to Death in Car Outside Nursery – Around the World News – Croatian Times Online News – English Newspaper.

Worms and maggots found at Denton takeaway – Manchester Evening News

A takeaway boss has been fined after hygiene inspectors found worms, maggots and evidence of mice at his former business.

Mould and human hair were also discovered in a fridge at the Ping On takeaway in Denton, which is now under new management.

Former owner Chen Rui Zheng pleaded guilty to eight counts of falling foul of food hygiene regulations and was fined £880 and ordered to pay £315 costs.

Tameside magistrates heard that concerns were first raised during the Ashton Road takeaway’s annual inspection in November 2011.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/worms-maggots-found-denton-takeaway-4711075

Boss of crab firm banned over hygiene | This is Cornwall

A FORMER Newlyn crab processor has been fined for food hygiene offences and banned from supplying produce to the public.

Jacek Fester, 39, who owned Mr Lobster in the port’s Stable Hobba Industrial Estate, faced three charges in a prosecution brought by Cornwall Council.

Fester, of Station Road, Pool, denied the charges during a hearing at Truro Magistrates’ Court but was found guilty and fined £165 and ordered to pay £1,500 toward the council’s costs.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Boss-crab-firm-banned-hygiene/story-19271723-detail/story.html#axzz2W7JTInF0

Sunbed boss fined after girl is burned (From Bury Times)

Sunbed boss fined after girl is burned (From Bury Times): A FORMER Bury gym boss has been prosecuted for breaking sunbed laws in what is believed to be the first case of its kind in the country.

Stewart Hall was taken to court after a 15-year-old girl twice used a sunbed at Olympic Power Mill, in Hornby Street, Bury, in May last year.

She suffered burns on her body and had to go to be treated at a hospital’s accident and emergency unit.

Hall, of Woodhill Road, Bury, was prosecuted by Bury Council’s environmental health department under the Sunbeds (Regulation) Act 2010.

Visit safety photo

Nine people perish in Lake Tanganyika boat accident

Home: Nine people are confirmed to have drowned on Lake Tanganyika last Thursday after the boat they were traveling in capsized in Kigoma region.
Kigoma Regional Police Commander Fraisser Kashai confirmed the occurrence of the tragic accident, adding that bodies of the drowned persons had since been recovered.
According to the regional police boss, among the dead were seven women and two boys. He said seven bodies of the women and a boy were identified by their relatives.
He said the bodies were recovered at the scene of the accident at Herembe Village in Uvinza district in Kigoma region and were subsequently preserved at Maweni regional hospital.

Visit safety photo
Happy New Year From Stoker

Arbroath bingo boss wins jackpot at employment tribunal – Angus / The Courier

Arbroath bingo boss wins jackpot at employment tribunal – Angus / Local / News / The Courier: AN ARBROATH bingo hall general manager has won over �44,000 for being unfairly dismissed.

Marie Watkins (44), of Commerce Street, had worked for the Gala Coral Group for 20 years and was sacked because she was not thought by the company to be capable of fulfilling new responsibilities.

An employment tribunal in Dundee did not agree she wasn’t able to do her new job and was unhappy the company didn’t explore redeploying her in another role.

Visit safety photo
Happy New Year From Stoker

allAfrica.com: Kenya: Trader Held After His Worker Killed

allAfrica.com: Kenya: Trader Held After His Worker Killed: A businessman who caused the lynching of his employee was yesterday arrested in Mbeere North. The trader had claimed the employee had stolen from him
When the mob realised they had been duped, they burnt the businessman’s house. Mbeere North Police boss Eric Mugambisaid the man he will be charged with the murder of Samuel Muchiri.

Visit safety photo
Happy New Year From Stoker