‘An extremely nice fellow’ – Tributes paid to 79-year-old man who died in silo tragedy
— Read on www.eadt.co.uk/news/man-killed-in-silo-fall-near-eye-suffolk-1-5893701
COUNCIL bosses say they “deeply regret” an incident which saw a dangerous wall collapse upon a six-year-old girl.
The girl was left brain-damaged as a result of the incident.
Today, Basildon Council was fined £133,000 for breaching health and safety regulations which led to the fall.
CUSTER COUNTY, Okla. – A tragic accident at a work site has claimed the life of an Oklahoma man.
Around 5:45 p.m. on Friday, investigators were called to a unit rig location near County Rd. 910 and County Rd. 2420, just south of Thomas on an accident.
SINGAPORE – Smoke was seen wafting from a room at the back of the Carlton Hotel in Bras Basah Road on Thursday afternoon (Feb 14), with witnesses saying that they heard several loud explosions from the premises.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told The Straits Times that it responded to a fire incident at a hotel at 76 Bras Basah Road at 1.15pm.
01. We get it: compliance sucks.
When you started your company, you weren’t daydreaming about OSHA, ISN, PEC, or any of the crazy requirements you’re now getting hit with. You just want to keep your head down & do your job well—we get that.
02. We actually respond when you call.
Crazy, right? 😉 It shouldn’t be too much to ask, but lack of responsiveness is the number one reason contractors say goodbye to their compliance managers. When you have a question about something, big or small, we’ll always answer.
03. We educate & equip.
It’s about more than checking the right boxes & signing the right documents. The most important thing to us is that you have the tools you need to keep your team safe & compliant. That means helping you learn the “why” of compliance, not just the what.
04. We think long-term.
Which operators do you want to be working for in the next year? Are you going to wait until the last second to get your compliance in order? How about…no. Since we’re familiar with what each operator is asking of their contractors, we’re well-equipped to help you plan ahead.
05. We tailor our style to yours.
Hate being bothered by emails? Or do you love being kept in the loop about every little detail of what’s going on in your company? Either way, we’ve got you. We’ll tailor our style to yours so that you know we genuinely care.
An Indian and Nepalese restaurant in Woking that has improved its food hygiene rating from zero to three stars still has mice on its premises, a recent report reveals.Thali Thali restaurant in Chertsey Road, owned by Gurung and Gauchan Brothers Ltd, was awarded zero out of five stars for food hygiene by Woking Borough Council (WBC) on March 21, 2018, due to a rodent infestation.
Hygiene inspectors say major improvement is necessary at a popular Skegness takeaway.Bel Piatto in Roman Bank has been handed a rating of zero by East Lindsey District Council, Lincolnshire Live reports .Inspectors previously issued a rating of one for the takeaway’s food hygiene back in June 2017 – but things have not improved since then.
More than 13 tonnes of asbestos were dumped in the forest in a two month period.During October and November three separate fly-tips saw asbestos dumped in Epping Forest.The hazardous material, which can cause certain kinds of cancer, is particularly difficult to remove.Paul Thomas, superintendent of Epping Forest, said: “There were three asbestos tips which are very expensive to collect.”The total of the three tips cost £1,855 to remove.