Wick Harbour accident – Daily Record

Wick Harbour accident – Daily Record: A WORKMAN suffered multiple fractures when he reportedly fell 30ft at a harbour.
Northern Constabulary said the man, who was working on board a ship docked at Wick Harbour, in Caithness, fell onto the boat’s decking at about 6.30pm on Monday.
He sustained broken bones but police said his injuries are not life threatening.
The Press and Journal newspaper reported that the man was unloading parts for wind turbines when the accident happened.

Visit safety photo

300 oil company contractors suffer food poisoning in Oman | GulfNews.com

300 oil company contractors suffer food poisoning in Oman | GulfNews.com: Muscat: A food poisoning outbreak affected 300 of Oman’s state-owned Petroleum Development Oman’s (PDO) contracted employees at the Qarn Alam Permanent Accommodation Camp on Monday but the company claims the situation is now under control.

“The situation is under control and most of the reported cases have been treated locally and discharged,” according to a statement issued by the PDO in a press release on Tuesday evening.

Visit safety photo

Ma On Shan restaurant blast hurt 20 – The Standard – Hong Kong

Ma On Shan restaurant blast hurt 20 – The Standard: At least 20 people including diners and employees have been injured in a gas blast at a Chinese restaurant in Chevalier Garden, Ma On Shan. Most have suffered burns to their faces.

Witnesses said two blows were heard in the restaurant with several dozens of diners in. All the 11 glass windows of the restaurnt were broken after the blow — pieces fell from the second floor to the ground floor, hurting a dozen of pedestrians.
Police evacuated 200 people in the area.

Visit safety photo

Mohegan Lake Teen OK After Getting Arm Stuck In Wall | The Cortlandt, Buchanan & Croton Daily Voice

Mohegan Lake Teen OK After Getting Arm Stuck In Wall | The Cortlandt, Buchanan & Croton Daily Voice: MOHEGAN LAKE, N.Y. ‒ A Mohegan Lake teen is in “good spirits” after having his arm trapped in a heating register more than an hour before being freed by firefighters.

Josh Middleton, 18, of Jerome Drive, was standing on a bathroom sink trying to repair a heating vent cover when he dropped his cell phone into the duct while using it as a flashlight. When he tried to retrieve the phone from the less than one foot square opening, his arm and shoulder got stuck.

Visit safety photo

Lack of toilet aboard ‘danger’ boat cost fisherman his life, inquiry rules – Transport – Scotsman.com

Lack of toilet aboard ‘danger’ boat cost fisherman his life, inquiry rules – Transport – Scotsman.com: MARINE accident experts have slammed the “sustained and consistent disregard” for safety displayed by the operators of a Scottish scallop dredger, following their investigation into the death of a crewman a year ago off the Welsh coast.

Steven Robertson, 25, from Dalbeattie, was lost overboard from the Kirkcudbright-based scallop boat, St Amant, on 13 January last year.The search for Mr Robertson, who had not been wearing a lifejacket, was called off without any trace being found of him in Caernarfon Bay.A report issued by the government’s Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) has revealed that Mr Robertson probably fell overboard and drowned when he went on to the vessel’s deck to relieve himself in the middle of the night because there was no toilet on board the 59ft dredger for the four-man crew.

Visit safety photo

Worker killed in Conn. tree-cutting accident

Worker killed in Conn. tree-cutting accident: GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) — A tree worker has been killed after being struck by a tree trunk in Greenwich.Police say 26-year-old Alvarro Lopez of Port Chester was working with his family’s business, Lopez Landscaping of Greenwich, on Monday afternoon removing a large tree.The Hartford Courant reports (cour.at/ZokX4u) that witnesses told police that Lopez had cut a large section of the trunk when it fell backward and hit him, knocking him unconscious.

Visit safety photo

Short circuit fire hurts 3 in shopping mall – thenews.com.pk Faisalabad:

Faisalabad:Fire hurts 3 in shopping mall – thenews.com.pk: FAISALABAD: At least three people were critically injured as a fire erupted at a shopping centre in D Ground area of the city, Geo News reported Wednesday.�Geo News correspondent said that the fire which broke out in the basement of the shopping mall due to a short circuit, engulfed a major part of the building within seconds.

Visit safety photo

Should Croydon Council ban advertising boards? "having a detrimental impact on health and safety" | This is Croydon

Should Croydon Council ban advertising boards? | This is Croydon: BOARDS advertising everything from shop sales to lunchtime buffets are a common sight in Croydon town centre, but this might not be the case for much longer. Liam Curran and Rachel Bayne find out why the council is keen to limit the number of sandwich boards – and discover what some of you think of the plan.

The council has written to shopkeepers, saying the advertisement boards are “having a detrimental impact on both the health and safety of people using the town centre and on the visual amenity of the area”.

Visit safety photo

GOSI: Lack of safety measures at construction sites – Saudi Gazette –

Saudi Gazette – GOSI: Lack of safety measures at construction sites: DAMMAM — The Kingdom has witnessed remarkable economic growth in many sectors during the past few years. Riding on the building boom, the construction industry has witnessed unrivaled growth but it also remains mired in controversy. Construction workers endure summer heat, winter cold, rain and hazardous working conditions while many construction companies refuse to insure their workers and fail to emphasize safety, a local daily reported.

Visit safety photo

Wanganui firms may be closed over stench – – NZ Herald News

Wanganui firms may be closed over stench – National – NZ Herald News: Some of Wanganui’s largest businesses could be temporarily shut down if the Wanganui District Council receives an expected abatement notice from Horizons Regional Council.

Mayor Annette Main confirmed that she was waiting to receive an abatement notice today relating to the stench which has been wafting over the city from the malfunctioning wastewater treatment plant for the past month.

Visit safety photo