Mouldy freezer and “foul water” earns Wirral restaurant’s one star food hygiene rating | Wirral Globe

Image by Shutterbug75 from Pixabay

A TOP Wirral restaurant had a “foul smell” coming from a mouldy freezer and “foul water” was being walked in to its premises.

Inspectors also found raw and ready to eat food stored together, which risked contamination.

For these reasons, Burnt Truffle in Heswall was given a one star food hygiene rating, the second worst rating possible, by Wirral Council’s inspectors.

The highly-regarded restaurant, owned by popular chef Gary Usher, received a double rosette by the AA restaurant inspectors last year, to commend its consistency, precision and use of high-quality ingredients.

via Mouldy freezer and “foul water” earns Wirral restaurant’s one star food hygiene rating | Wirral Globe.