Banbury ‘Tip Top’ Bakery worker died after asbestos poisoning from gloves | Oxford Mail

A FORMER bakery worker was killed by asbestos after being exposed to it in a pair of safety gloves in the 1970s.

Kevin Manley, 61 from Banbury, had worked in offices and factories throughout his life, and in the 1970s was employed at the Tip Top bakery, which provided baked goods for supermarkets.

It was at this time that he believed he was exposed to asbestos from heat-proof gloves.

via Banbury ‘Tip Top’ Bakery worker died after asbestos poisoning from gloves | Oxford Mail.