safety photo safety photos safety photo  






Stupid grin



"Chloroform in use as a cleaning agent during a build up for an exhibition stand. No control measures in place and happily being splashed onto rags
No wonder the guy who was using it had a stupid grin on his face ! "

A fatal oral dose of chloroform may be as small as 10 ml (14.8 g), with death due to respiratory or cardiac arrest.

As might be expected for an anesthetic, chloroform vapors depress the central nervous system. It is immediately dangerous to life and health at approximately 500 ppm, according to the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Breathing about 900 ppm for a short time can cause dizziness, fatigue, and headache.
Chronic chloroform exposure can damage the liver (where chloroform is metabolized to phosgene) and the kidneys, and some people develop sores when the skin is immersed in chloroform.


Click to enlarge thumbnails when present

Better quality photos where applicable are in Members Area







Health and Safety for Beginners and UK's no1 health and safety Forum

Custom Search

Copyright safetyphoto 2006

Creative Commons Licence
safetyphoto by safetyphoto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at